Weekend Planner: Graduation Parties
June 18, 2010
Graduation parties can mean anything from an outdoor BBQ to an indoor soirée. Be ready for whatever is planned with one of these footwear options.
Clockwise from left:
- My traditional summer standby, cheap-o flip flops. I remember when these shoes cost only $2.50 a pair. But even with a price increase to $3.50, these flip flops are the ultimate in disposable summer footwear. Rock them for a three months, then toss! (Although I recommend finding a place to recycle them.) They come in every color imaginable via Old Navy.
- Is the part indoors? Indoors generally means a little more dressy than a regular outdoor BBQ-style party. Try these White “Elle” slip-on strappy sandals: $19.99 via Bakers.
- Flip Flops can be fabulous, like these beaded ones. Toss them off to the side during a game of volleyball: $10 via Charlotte Russe.
- Nine West Firjel sandal: As seen in the pages of InStyle magazine’s May issue. What could be better than flowers at your feet? One of the cutest graduation parties I’ve ever seen was tea party-themed: $29.99 via Nine West.
- Not sure what the vibe will be? Go with a pair of festive (and flexible!) flats: $17.50 via GoJane.